Basically, the contest had 3 categories :
- Solo Amateur Division
- Doubles Division
- Solo Professional Division
So, just in time for any last minute summer adventure you'd like to try, I have listed down my Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Try Pole Dancing:
1. It is the perfect self-confidence builder - aside from the bragging rights you can acquire cause you can climb on that thin pole without falling off, the proper outfit can add a touch of sexy allure. No matter what your body size is, getting on that pole, working it while wearing a body hugging, skimpy outfit can boost your self-confidence off the scales! Remember Endorphins? Endorphins that make you happy and satisfied with your self!
2. It can improve your endurance and strength - why? It takes a lot of proper breathing, muscle control and endurance to climb on a thin, metal pole without sliding or falling off. It helps the dancer learn how to support herself with just one arm. You work off your quadriceps and triceps. So how's about that for strength and flexibility?
3. It can help you lose the body fats - well, when combined with other fat burning exercises that is. Medical Daily says that one class can help you burn as much as 250 calories! Not bad huh?
4. It's something to check off your bucket list - correct me if I'm wrong, but don't we all have, be bold or be daring or try a new sport listed on the things we want to do before we die? Obviously, you need to be bold and daring, shed off your inhibitions when you try this sport! So, why not give it a go? You just might love it!
5. It is more than just a hobby, it can be a CAREER too - some of the participants I interviewed at the Pole Lux Championship have been Pole Dancing for 2 or more years and since then, they have gone off to opening their own Pole Dance Studios or teaching pole dancing, and from the figures they disclosed, it's not so bad!
If these doesn't encourage you to try this sport, I don't know what else will. Remember, there are professionals who are willing to guide you in venturing into this new territory. Here's a list of POLE DANCING SCHOOLS that you can check out if you wanna give this a try!
- ACTS ACADEMY - Mezzanine Floor, GA Tower 1, EDSA cor. Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong City 0917.923.7453/02-719.4062
- APHRODITE POLE DANCE STUDIO - Unit 409, 4th Floor, 1101 Admiralty Bldg., Madrigal Business Park, Alabang City 0999.161.6296
- BEAST HOUSE POLE AND AERIAL DANCE STUDIO - 2/F D'Ace Plaza United St., cor. Brixton St., Kapitolyo, Pasig City 0915.618.6002
- BREWING POINT DANCE STUDIO - 56 TM. Kalaw St., Tierra Pura Homes, QC 0917.893.8191
- OUTS CURVES AND MOVEMENTS STUDIO - Meycauayan, Bulacan City (044)769.0566 / 0915.827.0651
- DANCESCAPE STUDIO - 404 Summit Tower, 530 Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong City 0905.689.1888