Adventure in the dictionary is defined as an unusual and exciting, typically hazardous, experience or activity.
I have seen friends bungee jump their adrenaline out of their system, sail away into the vast ocean or simply up & leave everything comfortable in their lives to travel the world. I myself, have had my share of travels and a little bit of extreme experiences but to me, my biggest adventure yet is when I became a Mom. Yes, this is how I define adventure now - Mommyhood.
How My Adventure Began:
3 years ago, God blessed me with this amazing little boy who completely turned my life around.
Yes, from a single, worry-free career woman who thought I had it all figured out - it was definitely more than a rollercoaster ride when I learned I was pregnant.
Oh, and what a pregnancy it was! It was an exciting yet tumultuous journey. You see, it was not the conventional conception where I had a husband to share every milestone with. In a nutshell, it was like going under a miscroscope. Let's just say, there were rumors, bullying and confrontations involved.
Fast forward to the present, Choichoi is now 3 - and he embodies everything I ever prayed for my first born to be. I see a strong, independent and kind little boy. This is how he changed the look of adventure for me.
Adventure no longer entails a trip to an exotic destination or a night of binge drinking or bar-hopping with friends -to me, adventure means those little trips to the park, the silly food fights and the quiet little moments spent at home with his little arms around me.
You see, there is a vast world out there - you create your own adventure. You just need to adjust your point of view. Here are tips for you when you think your life is devoid of excitement that an extreme adventure brings:
1. It's the simple things - yes, sometimes, when you think that something grand and expensive would mean adventure of a lifetime, think again - you don't need to hop on or even jump off of a plane to experience that rush. Open your eyes.
2. It's where you are planted - that you bloom and create a life you can only imagine. It is your point of view. Your mind will take you to so many adventures.
3. The biggest adventure of your life happens every day - the moment you open your eyes in the morning and breathe another new beginning - that is an adventure itself. Be thankful!
4. It happens with those closest to your heart - it's with your family, your best friends, yes, an experience becomes an adventure when shared with the ones you love.
5. Open your mind and your heart - those experiences and situations that you let touch your heart and change your life that becomes the most unforgettable adventure of your life.
One day, it just dawned on me, why don't I document my everyday adventures with Choi? And voila! Emotero Series was born.
This series captures my everyday adventures with Choi-choi, the places we go and the things that I see by looking at it through his eyes!
Just like Huawei P9's camera which is co-engineered with Leica. It has dual lenses that produces high quality photos and allow users to take amazing monochrome, slo-mo, colored, light painting photos among others. This will definitely up the ante when it comes to Choi's emotero series!
But here's the biggest surprise of all - another addition to the way I see adventure just arrived - welcome Iluminada Martina or Chai-chai - Choi's little sister!
I couldn't wait to continue my everyday adventures with Choi now that this little lady has arrived! ❤️❤️❤️