|SHOPPERS STOP ONLINE SHOP OFFICIAL LOGO|
|This is pretty much the set-up at the 7th floor.|
To be honest, my first day was a loss for me. I didn't even make one sale and I watched one stall after another pack up earlier than the assigned pack up time. But I and my sister who also has a shop that sells customized phone and IPad cases + cord protectors RShop decided to stick it out. It's our first time after all.
|My sister manning our booth. She owns RShop|
|That's me manning our booths.|
|SMARTLACES - turns your shoes into instant slip-ons!|
At first, people didn't understand how the laces function but when one person decided to buy, the buyers flowed in like a flashflood on a stormy day (no offense meant.)
|I used my green shoes as a sample|
In other words, I made a lot of sales but what I enjoyed the most was making new friends. Other business minded call center agents that made the 9PM-9AM store hours much more bearable.
|Some of the fab people who bought from our booth!|
AN ADVICE FROM AN AMATEUR
I won't claim to be an expert on business matters but I have a few tips that I can share from experience that might be able to help out mommies like me who would like to add a little extra "raket" on our never-ending mommy pursuits!
1. Like in blogging, find your niche. Make sure that whatever business you decide to put up will be something you will be able to sell and YOU, yourself WILL BUY.
2. Think of a unique business name, catchy yet classy. Mine was a bit rushed though, but I'm thinking of changing it next year! Register it and voila! You own it!
3. Have at least a capital of P10,000 - P15,000 + a whole lot of guts! (Lol). This amount should be enough to get you started in the online business field.
4. Choose if you're going to resell products or sell your own creation. - In my experience, reselling is a lot more affordable. The products are already there for you to sell, you can get resellers price and you have the option to choose dropshipping. As for selling your own creation, of course, the edge is that your product is more original and you have more control in pricing.
5. Be CREATIVE. The cardinal rule in selling online. Be unique, artistic if you can in posting ads, products and forms. The more colorful yet easy to understand, the better.
6. Enlist the help of your family and friends in spreading the word out so that people will be aware of your biz.
7. BE ACTIVE IN SOCIAL MEDIA - participate in SFS (Shoutout for a Shoutout) with other shops, be friends with your suppliers, establish relationships with your buyers.
8. DELIVER WHAT YOU PROMISE. Inform your buyers about the authenticity of your items, pros and cons when they get a certain item, lead times and extra charges.
These are just tips, of course, it is best to seek help from professionals that can help you in a more broad sense. Taxations and finances are so confusing, that's where accountants come in - and I am definitely not one my friends!
In a nutshell, in todays' day and age of equality, us Moms' must be able to think of ways to support our kids needs. Stay at home Moms specially! Because having an online business is fun, not too time consuming and it is also a way to add a few extra money into your savings!
As my way of thanking my readers and friends, I am giving away a box of SMARTLACES to one lucky reader! Happy Holidays!!! Here's how you can send in your entries:
<a class="rcptr" href="http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/2b4bff9d4/" rel="nofollow" data-raflid="2b4bff9d4" data-theme="classic" data-template="" id="rcwidget_zhbzknep">a Rafflecopter giveaway</a>
Goodluck and HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!